Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rain, rain, go away!

It's raining here is Georgia today. In fact, it's been raining all week!

At Brenau, the campus used to have a trolley run through the streets. The tracks have since been paved over, but the streets are really high up and the gutters are really low, meaning there are always puddles to jump in!

I purchased a pair of pink rain boots when I came to Brenau, but last summer they sprang a leak. I was so sad! They went with everything! (I can't even find a picture of them! I have one somewhere....)

I purchased a new pair eventually due to a surprise storm during work - I was wearing a favorite pair of leather flats and refused to ruin them!



Today, I bought a new pair of boots. The second pair I had were outrageously patterned and was too much for my typical, already patterned outfits. So instead, I looked for another solid color.

This time, I picked a shorter pair in a berry color. The selection at my local Target was a little picked over (it is the rainy season!) but I found what I was looking for.



I was kind of looking for these guys - not solid, but how cute are the critter whales!?



I've always liked Hunter rain boots, but I can't justify purchasing $135 worth of rubber! Yes, they're cute, but it only rains once in a while down here, and after college, I'm not sure how much I'll wear rain boots! But since I'm not getting the expensive pair, maybe I'll get the Critter Whales too!

Do you own rain boots? What kind? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. I used to have those whale wellies from Target! Now I tend to wear LL Bean Boot Moccasins on rainy days...they're easier to wear with dress pants or skirts and I have to dress up for my campus jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bean boots always! Now that I live in the north I have LL Bean boots for everthing! Snow, rain, mud... They are a necessity and will last FOREVER. Great products, great quality, totally worth the money. They have outlet stores up north too should yall ever come this way...

    ReplyDelete