Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back in the swing of things

It's back to school for students all over, as spring semester began on Monday!

It's the last semester of my senior year - I'm so nervous! It's the wrap up of all four years and even though the classes aren't that hard, it feels so much more challenging because it's near the end!

I have to write my senior thesis this semester. So far, all I know is a vague topic: how social media changes journalism. I've got some whittling down to do - it's a bit too broad!

Writing my thesis means I'll have to be super organized and focused. I know I'll need to be even more organized than I already am and I'll need to budget my time exceptionally well. I'm best with tight deadlines (hence why I enjoy journalism!) so hopefully the long process of thesis won't lose my interest.

Are you tackling any big projects this semester? How are you planning on staying organized? Share with me (and give me some ideas!) in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. I'm taking the heaviest course load so far in my college career...with a science and a math class (I'm not a numbers person!) In addition to those two classes, I have a 300-level Spanish lit class. I'm preparing for numerous nights in the library and lots and lots of chai tea.

    I keep organized with lots of sticky notes, to do lists, reminders on my phone, and 30 second dance parties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 second dance parties are a great idea! I've officially added it to my list of things to do :)

      Delete