Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Plan Positive: Organizing your planner

I recently purchased a new planner recently. I liked my old planner, but it was a little too small and I didn't realize that I would have so much stuff to put in it! So I transitioned into something roomier.

Did you have any doubt that it would be Lilly?

I've developed this system to organize my planners. It involves stickies, highlighters and book marks.

First, I have a highlighting key
Green - Class or Assignments
Blue - Work or Meetings
Orange - Extracurricular Activities
Pink - Phi Mu or Greek Events
Yellow - Fun things

Busy as a bee!

Then, I add stickies for busy days.

 I turn sticky notes into daily to do lists!

I use the larger calendar in the front of each month for special events, weekend long plans and birthdays.
Sometimes I like this view because it makes me feel less busy

Finally, I use two bookmarks. A paperclip in between the large calendar and the week I'm currently on. The second bookmark holds the previous months in place. In theory, I could get one large binder clip and ditch the other bookmark (but first I need to find some pretty ones! Any suggestions?)

Pretty sure I found this clip on the floor of my room. 
It doesn't have to be fancy! But I'd like to find a nicer one.

Do you have a system for your planner? Or do you stay organized a different way? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment