Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Quick Life Update

Well, I've done it! I finished my undergrad degree - WOO HOO! Here are some important life updates that will relate to future posting, especially since I have a lot more time to write (and more topics to write about!)

*I graduate Friday afternoon! In lieu of my usual series "Skin I'm In," I'll be doing a special feature that evening about graduation- my dress, ceremony, and most importantly my hair! Trying to do something with this glorious mane and also sticking it under a not-hair-friendly hat is a challenge - and one I'm willing to tackle!

*I've gotten a big girl job! I've kept it a little hush hush, as it's in the preliminary stages, but I got my first paycheck yesterday so I figured now would be a good time to make it official.

*With jobs comes a dress code. While my workplace is fairly casual, I'm still coming to terms with pieces of my wardrobe that have turned out not to be workplace appropriate (at least, by my own standards.) Expect a post on managing a limited wardrobe!

*Finally, I've decided to join the Daughters of the American Revolution! I was just matched to a chapter, so I'll be sure to post about my experience becoming a member! I think it's very important to connect to your roots, whether it be from the creation of America, Ellis Island, or a recent journey to a new and better life.

What have y'all been up to? I know plenty of you have finals- study hard and good luck!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment