Sunday, April 14, 2013

Not so much fun in the sun

I come from a very fair background. I have some Irish, British, Scandinavian and German all mixed in. I've got naturally blonde hair and light blue eyes.

So naturally, you think I would know a thing or two about sun safety... but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, right?

Essentially, I've gotten some tough burns in the past. But recently I got a such a bad burn that I vowed never to tan ever again.

Now I've said this before... but after a trip to the ER and lots of misery from itchy, blistering, red and purple skin, I'm serious this time.

Ouch!

So now I have a challenge: to accept my fair skin, protect myself, to learn more about and educate others on skin safety and finding ways to enjoy the sun without damaging our skin.

So welcome to my first series, "Skin I'm In." Every Friday, I'll be discussing facts and figures, fashions, society and sun safety for the modern southern belle.

How sun savvy are you? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment