Wednesday, April 10, 2013

1 skirt, 3 ways!

It's easy to underestimate the basics... like a black pencil skirt! I have tons of cute tops and dresses, but very few "business bottoms."

I had an interview for a big girl job the other day... and I was baffled with what to wear! My classic suit was at home and the attire at the office was business casual. I wanted to fit in, look cute but also look pulled together.

I thought about buying a whole new outfit, and then I stumbled across something at Target that made my day: the simple, black pencil skirt.

A wardrobe classic that I just happened to be missing! It'd be perfect- I could wear it with almost any color and any top.

I thought I'd share my frugal find and some of the outfits I tried on for my interview! I ended up choosing a peach blouse similar to the dotted blouse.

1 skirt, 3 ways!



Mossimo® Women's Pencil Skirt -Black

Plus, there are SO many more outfits you could create with this... add a blazer, a button down or a simple top with a statement necklace. I can't believe this was missing from my wardrobe!

What's your go to basic piece? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment