Friday, May 3, 2013

Hair Help: Graduation

Today is my graduation... which means spending about 2 hours in a silly looking hat that will ruin my hair for pictures after.

For my high school graduation, I straightened my hair (like I always did at the time)  and it looked okay, except after the ceremony I had a big dent in the back of my head! I guess it wouldn't really ruin it... but it does put a (dare I say it?) dent in your style!

A shot from high school... I was so blonde!

Lately I've been almost 100% curly. But, as I tried on my cap and gown, I realized my curly, diffused hair was too big for the hat! It poofed out at the bottom and flattened the top... another no go!

So, what's between curly and straight. That's right, wavy!

I chose to do a classic pin curl wave. I found a great tutorial on Vintage Vixen! I did, however, roll my long bangs away from my face to add a little modern touch to it. I also didn't alternate my wave pattern, so it would be more of a traditional finger wave.

Unfortunately, when I unrolled my hair it was a mess! I guess I didn't roll it right... but the curls looked great. The brushed out part? Not so much.

So I rinsed my hair and repinned it, but this time I did more of a halo around my head. Then, I blasted it with a blow dryer. To make it a little more modern, I carefully took out the pins and diffused it with a little scrunch.

much better! (even though the lighting is awful)

How do you do graduation hair? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment