Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life Update: Is summer really over?

Well folks, it's the day after Labor Day and could you imagine that here in Georgia it's been hotter than it has for the past couple of weeks!? Of course, once summer clothes are "out" it gets warm! 

Personally, I feel that summer clothes, including white, are okay up until the equinox. Because in Georgia, you can't really guarantee that it'll be cool like it's supposed to be!

I still feel a little weird living on my own, but I've taken in a little house guest.... Everyone meet Cairo the cat! 


He lets me wear him as a scarf. Ad hold him like a baby. And cuddle and play a LOT. He's a sweet little guy, probably only a few months old. I'm watching him for a coworker for about two weeks. I've had him for two days and I'm already head over heels for this little guy! 

Being a "cat person," even if temporary, is a huge adjustment to being a "dog person"! Kitty doesn't go outside to do his business, he's not allowed on the counters (and I actively have to keep him off them!) and he likes to play during the night. It's definitely an adjustment but I'm enjoying the new experience. Who knows? Maybe I'll like it so much I'll take in a little kitten of my own!

As for a new experiencing I'm not enjoying yet? Cooking and grocery shopping. It's shouldn't be that difficult, but being a picky vegetarian with food allergies, it's tough! Nothing looks appetizing when it comes to having to prepare it myself and I'm almost getting bored with pasta, my college go-to. I sure do miss hitting the dining hall!

I also miss my sisters... But I reached out to my sorority chapter and am hoping to get involved as an alumna now that school has started! I'm sending in my alumna chapter dues in tomorrow morning! 

It's almost my first month paying bills since my set up... Surprisingly, it's become a lot easier to budget than I thought it was! And, I've still got room for "fun money" - the take out dinners, smart shopping and miscellaneous adventure fund!

Have you gotten settled now that school is back in session, even if you didn't go back (like me!)? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment