Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Fall, Y'all!

It's that time again... crunchy leave, thick sweaters and pumpkin EVERYTHING! It's finally fall!

Today I got a surprise visit from my mom, dad and puppies! We celebrated the autumnal equinox by taking a little trip to Georgia's Alpine City- Helen!


We visited my best friend, Kegan, who works at a yummy restaurant up there!

I hadn't seen my mom for a while, since I've been cat-sitting and can't really come home. Unfortunately, the cat and I are on each other's last nerve! I hate that he disobeys me for attention and he hates that I want to cuddle all the time but then don't let him sleep in the bed.

Bedtime is for quitters, says Cairo.

The cat-sitting has been interesting. All I can really say is that while I really like cats, I'm not cut out to own one. I am very controlling and they just aren't meant to be controlled! But even without that, this relationship has been slightly strained. I'll have to do a separate post on that when it's all over.

The excitement for fall has me thinking of doing a little revamp to my front door... I think I need a fall themed wreath! My current wreath, while adorable, is very summery and would look great somewhere in my apartment, perhaps on my den door.

No way this puppy is going into storage!

My plan this week: to create a burlap wreath with interchangeable centerpieces so I can get festive for the holidays! In honor of my little kitten guest, I think I'll paint a little black cat for my Halloween piece!

Do you like seasonal decor? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment