Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget.

12 years ago, I was sitting in my fifth grade class room watching a television broadcast. We, including my teacher were all silent. Just watching. Another teacher had to come in to tell my teacher that the principal had sent an email saying to turn all televisions off... but no one got it. No one could turn away. We were sent home early.

Today was one of the scariest days for my generation. Shock and confusion turned, 12 years later, into a heated memory that has shaped us- our political opinions, our views on the international world and maybe our views on life itself. We couldn't forget if we tried.

Today, I encourage you to look for the good in the world. September 11, 2001 was terrifying, but remember the men and women who fought so hard to save lives, who dedicated their peace of mind, their bodies and their spirits to protecting our country. Remember those who suited up and shipped out to protect people they've never met, even if they disagreed with the cause.

There are amazing people out there. Be one of them.

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment