Friday, October 18, 2013

Turning over some new leaves

I began this blog right before I graduated college. It's hard for me to believe that in less than six months, my whole life has completely changed. 

I've been working on finding a balance between my college self, high school self, middle school self and so forth. I've gone through a lot of changes (especially fashion-wise) so the real question I'm trying to answer is, Who the heck am I, anyway? 

I've been really introspective lately. Who are all these versions of Alyson and how do they all fit together? It's like a puzzle. And really, that's what being a post-grad twenty-something is about. 

So really, this is a warning to my readers. There are tons of "preppy" and "southern" blogs out there and I'm starting to think I don't really belong in that category as much as I belong in a "life advice and lessons" category. So expect to see some changes, including a possible name change! Now that I've secured the job and am really settling into adulthood, I don't feel like I'm exactly who I've been trying to brand myself as.

Before I go, I will tell you who I think I am so far: I'm an unmarried woman who's just finished being a girl and is still getting used to life on her own. I'm a homebody who likes to take walks. I'm learning a lot about life and patience from my first pet cat after a lifetime of dogs. My wardrobe is fluctuating as I figure out what makes me feel confident and my nail colors have gone back to middle school- dark and crazy with lots of glitter. 

I still plan on focusing on the young adult life after college and the life lessons and experiences that come with it, as well as how to transition from college to work, including fashion, social norms and work ethic. 

It's important to stay true to you, after all, I sign off each post with that reminder. However, I don't want to lie to my readers either: sometimes being true to yourself means changes. 

Have you gone through a transitional time? Share with me in the comments below.

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment