Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Planning to plan: paper or digital planners?

As the year comes to an end, I feel like I'm at a very weird cross road: My planner is almost used up.

I've been using a Lilly Pulitzer planner for about 2 years now, but now that I'm not a student and don't need/want an 18 month agenda, I feel like it is slightly wasteful. But is a paper agenda as a whole just as wasteful?

I have a serious problem.


I like the environment. I like trees. I like living on Earth and breathing air. I like that there may be water on Mars but it's not vital to our existence if there isn't any water there because Earth still has tons.

So, as an adult who is obsessed with their iPad, should I just skip out on the paper planner all together? Think about how many trees wouldn't make me feel guilty. And what do you even do with a filled up planner? Digitally, you can just delete.

The big downside to the digital planner is you have to take whatever it's on everywhere and my iPad is a little heavier than my past planners. Then, you have to sync it to your phone and computer and all that.

So which is better? I like writing stuff down, it's soothing. But seriously, what the hell do I do with a used up planner!? And just how many trees sob as they watch sorority girls scribble on their family members each year?

Are you a digital or paper planner? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. I use a paper agenda for work because I am a lawyer and you can't use your phone in court. I also think older people do not like it when you pull out your phone all the time. But for all my personal events I put everything in my phone--I need the pop-up reminders. If you have an iPad and an iPhone your should be able to sync the calendar info. I use google mail and calendar and events I schedule with those end up on my phone and mac book and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why a digital planner would be an issue in court! I think I just really like writing everything down and that's why I can't give up my paper planner yet!

    ReplyDelete