Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Day after day: Missing motivation

I'm learning a very important thing about having a "big girl job."

It's really astounding. I'm not sure you're ready for it.... Are you ready?

I'm sitting all day. ALL. DAY.



I never thought my life as a reporter/writer/news assistant would be this, well, lazy. I'm about to begin month two, and I'm already noticing how tired it makes me just to sit for long periods of time, plus enduring a long commute.

So what's a girl to do? I barely have any idea. I've never been the most physically active person - I've always preferred a softer look for women, including myself - but I have got to do something before I turn into a pile of mush!

My boyfriend is working out like a fiend. He's running every morning and he's lost a little over 20 pounds since his heaviest weight a few months ago. I'm really proud of him! It's definitely inspiring me to do something.

I went to a yoga class last week and felt great afterwards, but my schedule is really strange (I work afternoons and evenings) so making sure I wake up and get there is a bit of trouble. I'm probably going to have to go on the weekends.

Long story short, I lack motivation. Fitness is intimidating! When I get in a work out groove, something always happens that discourages me. And once I stop, I stop. I'm not a gradual person.

I was so motivated in college! I never had time to work out, but I walked everywhere. Now, I'm trying to adjust my diet and find a fitness routine that works. But both of those things are such a pain I don't even want to attempt them.

How do you get inspired to work out? Share with me in the comments below (please!)

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. I'm about to start my "grown up" job next Tuesday and I'll be sitting all day, too! (actually, I'll be doing afternoon/evening shifts too!) and I know I need to get motivated. My boyfriend is also working out a ton so I"m just hoping that it rubs off on me!

    ReplyDelete