Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer Lovin'

It's finally summer!

I graduated college, and wow, what a feeling! I immediately started working. I actually got really lucky and got a job straight out of school.

I saw an opening for a job on a local radio station's website. I sent an email with my résumé, and while I wasn't the right fit for the job, I was the right fit for another job!

Things work out in funny ways like that. Needless to say, my new job is Number 1 on my summer love list! Here are the rest:

2. Retro inspired dresses
They're perfect for work- just dressy enough, but also very comfortable! The longer lengths and more conservative necklines are just right. Paired with a low heel and a cardigan, it's become a wardrobe staple.

3. Unpacking
Okay, so I don't *love* unpacking, but it feels really great to finally unpack all of my things from college and (slowly) go through everything. At the end of the summer, I'll be moving back to my college town into my own apartment! It's important to sort and consolidate, and while its no fun, it feels great to get it accomplished!

4. Tea
A hot cup of tea has become a staple for my mornings! My tea of choice is called Throat Coat and it helps keep my voice in tip top shape. I'm still learning the ropes of radio, but I know once I catch on tea will be my best friend.

5. Yoga
Okay, I've been a yoga fan for a while. But, with a job that requires me to sit down for most of my shift and a longer commute, I need a little more exercise! I got so used to walking everywhere at college, but now I don't have that option. Yoga has been a great way to help with my posture, flexibility and begin a fitness routine.

What are your summer favorites? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment