Monday, March 4, 2013

The end of spring break

It's Sunday, which means my last spring break is coming to a close. I didn't go to the beach or travel, but I did quite a bit.

Friday through Sunday two of our close family friends visited us! It was two moms and two daughters - I had seen Mom #2 recently but I hadn't seen her daughter, my childhood best friend, in over ten years! We did shopping, wine and massages. It was a great way to kick off my break!

Monday I cleaned my mom's bathroom- I traded her a clean bathroom for a shirt. Tuesday I managed to laze about with the puppies and I started a sewing project!

I went to my dad's classes on Wednesday to do some homework outside the house. Afterwards, we went and renewed my license. No more "Under 21" bordering my picture!

And no more 16-year-old me duping restaurant servers.

Thursday I attempted to do more homework and met with my internship boss! Later, I started another sewing project. This time I used my boyfriend's mother's embroidery machine so my stitches were extra sassy.

Friday, one of my best friends and sorority sisters, Kegan, came over for a weekend sleepover! We spent the day at my boyfriend's house sewing, watching TV, snacking and generally enjoying each other's company. Later, another sorority sister joined us.

Boyfriend's brother models the letters I made!

Why a weekend sleep over? Because Saturday we attended the Atlanta Dance Marathon for Children's Miracle Network and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta!

FTK!

In total, $16,169.69 were raised for CHOA and CMNH. My team raised $1915 and of that I raised $215!

Sunday, Kegan and I slept in and had a late breakfast. Then, three more friends, their pups and my boyfriend came over. Kegan and I did homework while we all snacked and chatted. We had a delicious Sunday dinner together!

Now it's Monday.... sigh! Back to the ol' grind! I don't really want to go back, I'm having so much fun here! And that means it's only seven weeks until... graduation. *dramatic music*

When is your spring break? Are you planning for productivity or fun? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

PS: Happy International Badge Day! Wear your badge close to your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment