Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thesis Update: I'm Dying

Man oh man, this thesis will be the death of me!

My sorority house flooded this weekend after some roof repairs fell through. I gave myself a break Thursday from homework, which carried into Friday, and early Saturday morning the house flooded during a rainstorm.

Luckily, we had another dorm to go to, and student services came immediately. A disaster relief team was called to handle the emergency as well. I was definitely not happy about moving out 5 weeks early, but that's another story for another day.

Saturday morning, we had our annual egg hunt, so while packing up the house, we also hosted a philanthropy event! Talk about stressful! Then, that night was our annual formal. Sunday we all finally got around to unpacking our things... and we're still packing up our common rooms.

Geez Louise! So much going on. I ended up loosing 4 days of studying and work in all. Which is not what I wanted. Plus the weather has been FREEZING and we've seen snow flurries for two days. Morale is low.

Luckily, I got an extension for my first draft of my thesis, and I'm powering through the week to get all of my assignments done. I turned in an article this morning, a PR project is in its final stages, a podcast is in its beginnings and due in two days, I have three other articles due Thursday, and of course, my thesis draft!

There's a lesson here folks... take advantage of the time you have! You need time to yourself, true, but be careful! Time can slip away from you quite easily, and you can't plan for disasters and emergencies.

Are you near the end of any big projects? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment