Thursday, March 7, 2013

Motivation

With the crazy weather and post-spring break blues, it's hard to stay motivated!

I've gone back to making daily lists, but it's still not enough. Where did my motivation go!? I seem to have developed a horrible case of senioritis.



While I'm sure scientists are struggling to find a cure right this second, in the mean time, I'm stuck with a lack of will power. A big list and "no time" to spend on it. And by "no time" I mean there isn't a time I want to do anything.

So how can I, alongside the class of 2013, beat this case of the senior blues? So far I have little results, but I do have one solution...

Instead of procrastinating by fiddling on Facebook or twiddling on Twitter, I'm cleaning my room, doing dishes, and sorting through my clothes.

I've justified these actions by noting that a clean room is a happy room, and it's easier for me to work in since I'm not thinking about how dirty it is; clean dishes mean I can cook whenever I so desire and do not fall to the tempts of crappy food; and of course, I have a ton of clothes, and I need to clean out my closet anyway.

Of course, this isn't a substitution for actually doing my work, but it's nice to break in between activities. This, along with power study sessions at the library are slowly getting me through my last semester in school.

I'm slowly getting things crossed off my list. I'm sure I can tackle it all - and you can to.



What do you do to improve motivation? Have any tips? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment