Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Internship Update!

Recently, I was offered a position for the internship I had previously interviewed for. If you remember, I thought I didn't do well during the interview. Surprise!

Unfortunately, the Internship starts in March and I graduate in April... so I'm not entirely sure how that will work out, or if it will at all.

I continued my search to be safe. I found an internship for a radio show at a local station. The internship would be much closer and start immediately.

I'm meeting with the woman tomorrow to discuss the internship!

I'm a little nervous - I've definitely done a few things wrong so far. For starters, she called me to talk during an assessment day lecture so I accidentally denied her call! Talk about awkward.

Then I waited a while to email her back, because I was having second thoughts.

Learn from this! Even if you start getting nervous and having second thoughts, don't sabotage yourself. I don't think it hurt me in the long run, but it wasn't a good strategy.

This isn't a formal interview, but I want to look nice. I purchased a bauble necklace today from a local boutique and plan on wearing a button-down and khakis to our meeting. A safe outfit with sassy accessories will make your personality outshine your outfit.



Have you done a casual interview? What did you wear? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment