Monday, April 7, 2014

What a Monday!

Normally, I like Monday's because it's the beginning of something new. But today? What a day! And it's not even halfway over.

Here's what went wrong: I broke a shoe; my groceries that I had just bought late last week are already spoiling; it's pouring rain and my umbrella went missing; I wore a dress I love but just wasn't feeling today; the station kept going off the air because of the weather; my internet at home hasn't been working properly for almost a week and since everything else was going wrong, why not let it bother me today? And finally, I received a letter asking for more information on my patriot for the DAR.

Ugh! When will it stop? All of those little things build up in to a really sad feeling. I knew when I went home for lunch I needed to turn my day around.

First, I cooked lunch and I picked my favorite food: Mac N Cheese. While that was cooking I gave my cat a quick bath - it's flea prevention day! - and snuggled with him as I towel-dried him. I talked to my Dad and one of my best friends via text. Then I changed into a promotion tee shirt and jeans. I also left my broken shoe with the station engineer who tried to fix it (we'll see if he was successful when I return for my second shift!)

Finally, I tried one more time to power cycle my internet and get it working. And what do you know? It's working again!

A lot of little things can be bothersome, but a lot of other little things can counter those and cancel them out.

What little thing cancels out your rough days? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment