Sunday, December 29, 2013

The new year doesn't need to mean a make over

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and holiday! I won't be posting a "Christmas haul" post nor have I been very available since I had an intense work schedule this month, so apologies for both of those things! 

I wanted to talk a little bit today about the "New year, new you" mentality. Before you step on the scale, clear out your closet or sign up for hundreds of hours of community service (not that any of these things are bad, by the way,) remember that you are enough. 

Say it out loud: "I am enough."

         

While the new year is a great reason to do something, well, new, don't be caught up in change. Despite your weight, your clothing choices and your stress levels, you don't need changing. 

If you want to change things, great! I know I want to clear out my closet and donate or sell my gently worn clothes that don't fit or I haven't worn enough to really want to keep around and I also want to learn how to cook (the latter is more urgent.) 

But before you make a long list of New Year's resolutions, remember: You are enough

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson 

No comments:

Post a Comment