Monday, December 16, 2013

Mani-mergency

With all the cold, plus some stress, my nails have flailed down a dark path of despair.

It probably started when I began polishing them maybe 2 or 3 times a week in an effort to "regain control." I literally read that in a magazine once - painting your nails gives you a sense of control. Okay. I'll take it.

But, the control freak in me, partnered with some unusually brisk weather for this time of year has left me with a mani-mergency. My normally nice nails are peeling and the cuticles are chapped and slightly overgrown.

My fighter nail... the thumb (and his new friend, mysterious white spot.)


I began this regimen to get things back up to snuff today:
-Get more sleep
-Drink more water
-Wear gloves or put my hands in my pockets when I'm outside for more than a minute
-Use cuticle oil before bed
-Become a slave to hand cream
And the worst one:
-No polish (until things improve)

I did put on a few coat of Essie's Rock Solid to try and protect what's left and I treated myself to a cuticle remover cream to help tackle some of those cuticles that are hanging on for dear life.

Do you have a hard time with your hands in the winter? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment