Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wintery mix... of beauty problems

As the weather gets cooler - in Georgia we've had some unusually cold weather lately - the humidity disappears from the air. Not a big deal... except when I try to curl my hair!

While I love the cooler months and even winter on occasion, my beauty routine both intensifies and suffers during the dry times! The natural curl in my hair loses it's "oomph," laying flatter, sometimes frizzy and not defined. I've only recently learned my hair can even curl! Last year, I let it lay natural and blow dried my bangs. So far this year, I've just given in and blow dried the whole thing straight.

I love my curls... but sometimes straight just works better!

My skin, like many women's, takes a big hit in the dry winter air. I wake up with split lips frequently and my hands crack. Not at all attractive or comfortable! With a job in radio, a split lip hinders performance as well.

The best lip balm I've found to date is the Fresh Sugar lip balms. They are so expensive, but I usually hold out until my birthday and select them as a free gift from Sephora. However, I would hands down shell out the big bucks for this thing if push came to shove.

I've also started using Olay soap to keep my skin hydrating. They also make an in-shower body lotion, which saved my skin last year! I found a gift kit at Target last year... I'm on the look out for it again this year!

How do you combat winter dry days? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment