Monday, August 19, 2013

Lilly Pulitzer Endless Summer Sale

After logging on and then waiting for a considerable amount of time (too much traffic and not enough bandwidth!) I think I've decided not to buy anything from the Endless Summer Sale, at least for today. 

Why? The prices didn't amaze me, but I think it was more so because the products didn't amaze me. I haven't been too keen on the "new" Lilly and I wasn't in love with the summer line.

I did see a few things I liked (including a tie for my sweetie) that were worth the price and I may buy them later on. The sale does last for a couple of days!

Finally, I felt that some of the other customers were acting very childish and that sort of ruined the fun. People were writing scathing comments on Facebook posts and then when the requests they made were accommodated, they were still mad! I understand this sale is a huge help for those on a budget, but it's just clothes. 

I, too, was disappointed the site crashed so quickly, but I wasn't surprised. Instead of writing nasty messages to the social media team, I closed my computer and did something else. Patience is a virtue that I am working very hard on!

As for today, I think I have enough Lilly to last a while. And if I end up craving something new, I can always A) suck it up and buy it (or put it on my Christmas list), B) scour eBay and Re-Lilly or C) find a similar piece elsewhere. 

How do you feel about the Endless Summer Sale selection? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself (and don't let the sale get your goat!)
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment