Monday, June 3, 2013

Bows before bros?

In college, I loved wearing hair bows. When my hair was short and straight, it helped keep things from looking flat. As my hair became curly, I learned that bows weren't needed in the same spots. Now, my bows are bigger and tucked in center of my hair to hide frizz and unruly chunks of hair.

However, I've never worn one of my fluffy bows to work. I have a simple, leather-y one I've sported before, but my favorites have stayed in my drawer.

I thought I would switch to headbands after school was out, but I realized that headbands and headphones can be an uncomfortable pair (darn you, radio headphones!)

Naturally, I'd start wearing bows again. But - is it okay to wear bows to work?


Bow Pro: The only people who see me at work are my colleagues
Con: When I go out into the field I meet important people from all over the city

Bow Pro: Bows are significantly more comfortable than headbands with headphones on
Con: My colleagues already think I overdress

Bow Pro: They're pretty and I like them
Con: My coworkers might think they're tacky, or rule me out as a typical sorority girl

So, the pro/con list is pretty even. What's a girl to do? Is there a grace period that I can go to work with a bow and no one will bat an eye?

Since I'm new, I'm worried about judgement quite a bit. Unfortunately  I don't think everyone has grasped that I am who I am, bows, dresses and all. I'm worried that they think I'm trying too hard, when really, I'm just being myself. [More on that later....] 

Would you wear bows to work? Share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment