Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Another clothing post: Same dilemma, different day!

I'm only 23, but I've graduated college and have a full time job. That makes me an adult, right? I bet you know where this is going....

I'm tired of people assuming I am a high schooler!

Being mistaken for a college student, though, isn't so bad, but I pay rent and bills and take care of another (furry) life. I'm not a lil baby, but I do have a lot to learn and grow from.

It feels like there is no in between of "college wardrobe" and "matronly" for me. I want to wear as much Lilly Pulitzer as possible, but it does make me look pretty young (baby faces, wear with caution.) So how do I wear what I want, when I want, without being mistaken for a 16 year old?

Lately I've been digging through my closet and cleaning it out. Styles I don't wear, styles I think are a little too young are headed to consignment stores or Goodwill. This helps bring in a little extra cash, and it helps consolidate and simplify my life.

I've been trying to make better choices about what I purchase. I want my wardrobe to be versatile, so now I ask myself, "Could I wear this to work?" before I buy.

As for Lilly... I have plenty of Murfee scarves (love them for cold weather Lilly Loving!) but a Georgia summer is a little warm for scarves. I've had my eye on an Elsa top, and maybe it's time to bite the bullet and just buy one (or two!)


How do you mature your wardrobe without abandoning your personal style? I'm taking suggestions - share with me in the comments below!

Stay true to yourself (even if you look 16),
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment