Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Daughter's Update

As you may know, I've applied to become a member of the DAR, or Daughters of the American Revolution.

I received a letter early last month asking for more information. Unfortunately, that information was not enough and my link to a specific ancestor hasn't been established firmly enough to go forward.

I was pretty disappointed, so much so that I haven't even called back the membership director. It's embarrassing too, because I'm not sure how to fix it, and it's getting so confusing. My dad has been a major player in establishing my ancestors and with 4 people (yes, 4!) with the exact same name it's been an unusual task.

I'm sure we'll establish the link, but it's taking longer than I had hoped! Luckily, I have other ancestors that could be possible matches, but it feels like I am so close but so far away.


Lilly Pulitzer's Sparklers pattern! A great homage to Independence Day!


I'm mostly dealing with the disappointment by ignoring it, but I have to face it. Tomorrow, I'll call the membership director and discuss the problem with her. Afterwards, I'll talk to my dad about firming up that silly link!

But in the meantime, I'm going to continue to remember why I wanted to be a member of the DAR - I wanted to show everyone just how magical it is to be an American Citizen, whether your ancestors fought for this country over 200 years ago, or if you are the first one in your family to step foot on our great land.

So until my links can be established and my application accepted, I'll fly the flag high and get excited for the upcoming patriotic holidays this summer! My first task? A red, white and blue wreath!

Stay true to yourself,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment